Lemony Green and Wax Beans
Showcase your garden's bounty in this delectable side dish. A combination of fresh green beans and wax beans are tossed with a tasty herb- and lemon -infused dressing for perked up flavor.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 pound fresh wax beans, trimmed
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add wax and green
- beans; cover and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and immediately place
- beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place beans in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the mint, lemon
- juice, oil, garlic, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Pour over beans;
- toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in pistachios and hazelnuts. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 125 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 125 mg sodium,