Lemony Cucumber Salad
"In the summer, we use fresh cucumber and tomatoes from my husband's prolific garden for this colorful salad," writes field editor Marcia Severson of Hallock, Minnesota. "it's oneof our favorite light suppers."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 whole pita bread, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup whole unblanched almonds, toasted
- In a serving bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, cilantro
- and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, lemon peel,
- garlic, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables. Add the
- pita bread and almonds; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 483 calories, 37 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 572 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 10 g protein.