Lemony Corn Muffins
"When my son's class went on a 3-day field trip, I tagged along as one of the cooks," relates Sandra Vaux of Lantzville, British Columbia. "We made these sweet corn muffins as a special treat. They went over so well, the children wanted them at every meal!"
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In another
- bowl, beat egg, corn and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until
- blended. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 206 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.