Lemony Chicken Noodle Soup
"This isn't Grandma's chicken soup, but it is comforting," assures Bill Hilbrich from St. Cloud, Minnesota. "The lemon juice gives this easy soup enough zip to make it interesting."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil and butter until tender. Add
- chicken; cook and stir until chicken is lightly browned and meat is
- no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the broth, carrot, peas and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the noodles. Cover and
- simmer for 8-10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Stir in lemon
- juice. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 435 calories, 23 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 949 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.