- 7-in. squares. Place one apple in center of each square. Brush edges
- of pastry with egg white. Fold up corners to center; pinch to seal.
- Place in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 375° for
- 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir in water.
- Bring to a boil; boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in remaining
- ingredients until smooth. Serve warm over warm dumplings. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 756 calories, 34 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 1,018 mg sodium, 108 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.