Lemonade with Orange
This cool fruit drink is so refreshing on warm summer days. Fresh orange and lemon juice give it a terrific citrus flavor.
-C. Mason, Wamego, Kansas
7 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 cups cold water
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Bring to a
- gentle boil; boil for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from
- the heat. Strain and discard lemon and orange peel. Cool to room
- temperature. Transfer to a pitcher; stir in the cold water and
- juices. Chill. Serve in a chilled glass over ice. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 145 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.