- salt. Add to the butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating
- well after each addition.
- Coat two 9-in. round baking pans coated with cooking spray and dusted
- with flour. Pour batter to prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, combine cream cheese and butter until
- smooth. Add the lemon peel, lemonade concentrate and vanilla; mix
- well. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread
- frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Refrigerate
- for at least 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 352 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.