Lemonade Angel Fluff
Katherine Stallwood of Kennewick, Washington recommends this fluffy refreshing dessert.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup thawed pink lemonade concentrate
- Red food coloring, optional
- 4 cups angel food cake cubes
- Pour milk into a small metal bowl; place mixer beaters in the bowl.
- cover and chill for at least 2 hours. In a saucepan, sprinkle
- gelatin over cold water; let stand for 2 minutes. Stir in sugar;
- heat until sugar and gelatin are dissolved. Remove from the heat;
- stir in lemonade concentrate and food coloring if desired. Cover and
- chill until slightly thickened. Gradually add to chilled milk; beat
- until light and fluffy. Fold in cake. Pour into an 8-in. x 4-in.
- loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill for at least 2
- hours. Remove from pan; cut into eight slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.