Lemon Vinaigrette Salad
For a lovely side dish, try this pretty arranged salad. With delicately flavored Boston lettuce and tomato and cucumber slices, it’s drizzled with a homemade lemon and dill vinaigrette that’s ready in minutes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 head Boston or Bibb lettuce, separated into leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange the lettuce on four salad plates. Top with tomato and
- cucumber slices. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil,
- lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over salads.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 143 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.