Lemon-Thyme Cornish Hens
Now that I've retired from nursing, I have more time to cook and read. My husband loves Cornish hens made this way.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- In an bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place hens on a rack
- in a shallow baking pan. Tuck wings under hen. Spoon half of butter
- sauce over hens. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 40-45 minutes or
- until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 180°,
- basting occasionally with remaining sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 957 calories, 74 g fat (28 g saturated fat), 433 mg cholesterol, 1,004 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 64 g protein.