- Do not knead. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the
- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon peel. Stir dough down. Spoon
- a third of the dough into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube
- pan. Sprinkle with half of the sugar mixture. Repeat layers. Top
- with remaining dough. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 35
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter,
- lemon peel and enough lemon juice to achieve desired consistency.
- Drizzle over cake. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 363 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.