Whether you serve it in chilled bowls or scooped into cut lemon halves, this creamy four-ingredient sorbet is both sweet and tart. “It makes a delightfully refreshing finish to any meal,” says Goldene Petersen of Brigham City, Utah.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir sugar and water
- until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2
- minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- Stir in lemon juice and lemon peel. Freeze in an ice cream freezer
- according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a freezer
- container; freeze for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1/3 cup equals 138 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.