- of each cookie for tree trunk. Bake at 350° 10-12 minutes or
- until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water and meringue
- powder; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat on high for 4-5
- minutes or until stiff peaks form. Remove 1 cup and tint red. Tint
- remaining icing green. (Keep unused icing covered at all times with
- a damp cloth.)
- Frost and decorate cookies as desired. Let dry at room temperature
- for several hours or until firm. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 97 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.