Lemon Rice Pilaf
Forget buying the pre-made by pilaf mix when you can make your own. The lemon add such a fresh flavor and will become a favorite in your household.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine or long grain white rice
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, saute celery and onions in
- butter until tender. Add the rice, lemon peel, salt and pepper; toss
- lightly. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 155 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 454 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.