I never enjoyed cooking until I tried out this dish on my family with great success.Bill Huntington, Port Orchard, Washington
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese, optional
- 1 tablespoon sliced ripe olives, optional
- Lemon slices, optional
- Combine basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper; rub over
- steaks. In a skillet, cook steaks in oil for 11-15 minutes or until
- meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer
- should read 145°; medium, 160°; well done, 170°).
- Transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with lemon juice. If desired,
- top with cheese and olives and garnish with lemon. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 321 calories, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 643 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.