- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cut each cake into two horizontal layers. Place a bottom layer on a
- serving plate; spread with a fifth of the jam. Repeat layers four
- times. Top with remaining cake.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Gradually
- beat in the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and peel until
- blended. Frost top and sides of cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 579 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.