Tart and refreshing, this minty-lemon drink is sweetened with just a touch of honey. It makes a lovely summer cooler any time of day.Clara Coulston, Washington Court House, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 5 cups water, divided
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Ice cubes
- Mint sprigs and lemon peel strips, optional
- In a blender, combine 1 cup water and mint leaves; cover and process
- for 1 minute. Strain mixture into a pitcher, discarding mint. Add
- the lemon juice, honey, lemon peel and remaining water; stir until
- blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve in chilled glasses over ice. Garnish with mint sprigs and lemon
- peel if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 96 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.