Lemon Pound Cake
From her San Bernadino, California kitchen, Flora Valdez shares her recipe for the moist lemon Bundt cake. She dresses up a boxed mix with a package of cream cheese to give the cake added richness.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 4 eggs
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in
- milk. Add dry cake mix and eggs; beat until combined. Beat on medium
- speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted
- tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One slice (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese and fat-free milk) equals 231 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 373 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.