Lemon Pork Chops
"These chops can simmer all day on low and be super-tender by dinnertime," assures Barbara De Frang of Hazen, North Dakota. "I serve them with a crisp salad and macaroni and cheese as a side dish."
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 bone-in pork chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Place the pork chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and
- pepper. Top with onion and lemon. Sprinkle with brown sugar; drizzle
- with ketchup.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 290 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 543 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.