Our Test Kitchen tossed together this colorful side dish that’s sure to brighten up any dinner table. The mild seasoning lets the veggies’ fresh flavors shine.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine green beans and water. Cover
- and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in squash. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Add
- tomatoes. Cover and cook 30 seconds longer or until heated through;
- drain. Gently stir in the butter, lemon-pepper and Italian
- seasoning. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 49 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.