My quick rice dish gets a zippy twist from lemon-pepper seasoning. It complements chicken and many other types of Mexican dishes quite nicely.Patty Burk, Nanaimo, British Columbia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a saucepan, bring water and lemon-pepper to a boil. Stir in rice.
- Remove from the heat; cover and let rice stand for 5 minutes. Fluff
- with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 181 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.