Lemon Pepper Pasta
Our home economists cut down this pretty pasta recipe with peppers and lemon from Jolinda Whittle of Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania for two to enjoy.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- saucepan, combine the milk, cheese and salt; cook and stir over
- medium-low heat until cheese is melted. Drain pasta; add cheese
- sauce and toss to coat. Keep warm.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute peppers in oil for 5 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Sprinkle with lemon peel and pepper; mix well. Toss
- with pasta mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 249 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 617 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.