Lemon Pecan Pilaf
Grated lemon peel brings delicate flavor to this rice side dish while pecans add a satisfying crunch. Cindie Ekstrand of Duarte, California sent the recipe for this crowd-pleaser that can be quickly prepared. "My sister gave me the recipe," she writes. "It's easy to make and very tasty."
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is
- tender. Meanwhile, melt butter in a nonstick skillet. Add the
- pecans; sauce until golden. Stir in the lemon juice and peel. Pour
- over rice and stir to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 10
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 247 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 527 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.