Lemon Orange Ice
We enjoy this treat on special occasions, like birthdays, or when we have lots of ice chips from ice fishing in winter. It has the sharp, tangy flavor of a sherbet but a creamier texture.
My recipe originated years ago with my grandmother. It's her favorite ice cream, and I always think of her when I make it. She still likes serving it to all her many grandchildren!
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Freeze: 30 min.
- Juice of 6 lemons
- Juice of 7 oranges
- 3-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 quart whole milk
- In a large bowl, combine juices, sugar, cream and milk. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream freezer and freeze according to
- manufacturer's directions. Serve immediately for a soft consistency
- or place in refrigerator/freezer. Yield: 2 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 331 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.