Lemon Mint Beans
This vegetable side tastes so refreshing that they're a delightful addition to summer meals, but you'll want to enjoy them the rest of the year, too.Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) fresh or frozen cut green or wax beans
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, cook beans in a small amount of water until tender;
- drain. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 39 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.