Pucker up for this sweet-tart treat. The delicious lemon dessert is a perfectly refreshing way to end a summer meal...or any meal, for that matter.
-Concetta Maranto Skenfield, Bakersfield, California
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups lemon juice
- Lemon slices
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a large saucepan over low heat, cook and stir sugar and water
- until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice.
- Pour into a freezer container. Freeze for 4 hours, stirring every 30
- minutes, or until mixture becomes slushy. Garnish servings with
- lemon slice and mint if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 279 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.