Lemon Graham Freeze
This light, pleasantly tart dessert is convenient since you make it ahead of time.Sharon Hancock, Belleville, Ontario
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 6 whole graham crackers
- Place milk in a small bowl; add beaters to bowl. Freeze for 25-30
- minutes or until soft crystals form around edges of bowl.
- Beat milk until stiff peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, lemon
- juice and food coloring if desired.
- Place five graham crackers in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish; pour
- milk mixture over crackers. Crush remaining graham cracker and
- sprinkle over top. Cover and freeze until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 164 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.