Lemon-Garlic Penne with Crab
Our Christmas Eve supper isn't the same without this seafood pasta. I love lots of garlic, but you can use less to suit your family's tastes.
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- Lemon wedges
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook and stir garlic in butter and oil over medium heat for
- 2 minutes or until garlic is golden (do not brown). Add the broth,
- crab and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- Drain pasta; toss with crab sauce and 1/4 cup parsley. Garnish with
- lemon wedges and remaining parsley. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 279 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 537 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.