Lemon-Garlic Grilled Chicken
Such a simple mix of herbs adds so much tasty flavor to this yummy chicken. You can either through it on the grill or bake it.Donna Leuw, Calgary, Alberta
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five
- ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for
- up to 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill
- chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for
- 4-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 153 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.