Lemon Fried Rice
This appealing blend of rice and veggies complements most meats. The lemon peel and hot sauce transform regular fried rice into a distinctive side dish.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry onions and parsley in
- butter for 1 minute. Add the remaining ingredients; stir-fry for 4-6
- minutes or until peas are tender and rice is heated through. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (2/3 cup) equals 186 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.