Lemon Feta Chicken
Just five ingredients give this moist chicken loads of flavor. “My husband and I prepare this dish often, and it's a hit every time,” writes Ann Cain of Rapid City, South Dakota.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Pour lemon juice over chicken; sprinkle with feta cheese,
- oregano and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 143 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.