- greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper
- or paper towels in between.
- For filling, melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the
- sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and salt. Whisk in eggs and yolks.
- Cook over low heat until mixture thickens and coats the back of a
- metal spoon, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat. Transfer to
- a small bowl; press plastic wrap over top of filling. Refrigerate
- until chilled.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold half of the
- whipped cream into lemon filling. To serve, spoon 2 tablespoonfuls
- of filling down the center of each crepe; fold sides of crepe over
- filling. Top with remaining whipped cream. Yield: 24 filled crepes.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 391 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 218 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.