Lemon-Dill Steamed Vegetables
For a pretty side dish, try this lovely combination of fresh vegetables from Page Alexander of Baldwin City, Kansas. Tossed with a buttery sauce seasoned with lemon and dill, the delicious and nutritious blend cooks in minutes on the stove.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound fresh baby carrots
- 4 medium new potatoes, quartered
- 6 fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the vegetables in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan
- over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 10-12
- minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, salt, dill
- and pepper. Add the vegetables and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 158 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.