Lemon Chicken and Peppers
Store-bought packages of lemon-pepper chicken breasts speed assembly of this main dish. From Evansville, Indiana, Gertrudis Miller writes, “I usually prepare this when I want a fast meal that tastes good.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) lemon-pepper marinated chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika and thyme. In a large nonstick skillet,
- cook chicken in butter for 4-6 minutes on each side or until chicken
- juices run clear; drain and set aside. Saute peppers for 3-4 minutes
- or until tender. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 207 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 1,157 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.