Lemon Cheese Pie
This pie can be made ahead and frozen. SO it's not unusual for me to have one ready to serve in the freezer. I simply remove it from the freezer a few minutes before slicing.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add 1/2 cup
- milk. Sprinkle pudding mix over all. Gradually add remaining milk
- and lemon peel; beat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour into the
- crust. Freeze until ready to serve. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 285 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.