- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a wire
- rack placed over a sheet of waxed paper.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until reduced to 1-1/2 cups, about
- 10 minutes.
- Poke holes in top of cake; spoon about 1/4 cup sauce into holes. Let
- stand for 10 minutes. Poke holes into sides of cake; brush remaining
- sauce over cake. Cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 458 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.