Lemon-Butter Snow Peas
A handful of ingredients and a microwave are all our home economists needed to create this terrific treatment for fresh snow peas. A bit of lemon juice, some mince garlic and a dash of Italian seasoning make it a perfect addition to any meal.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the snow peas, water and garlic.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender;
- drain. Combine the butter, lemon juice and Italian seasoning.
- Drizzle over peas; toss to coat.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested in an 1,100 watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 76 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.