Lemon Burst Broccoli
This lemon dressing is great on any vegetable, especially broccoli.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lemon juice, oil,
- sugar, onion, garlic, salt and paprika; shake well. Refrigerate for
- at least 1 hour.
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket over 1 in. on boiling water in a
- large kettle or Dutch oven. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or
- until crisp-tender. Transfer broccoli to a serving dish. Shake lemon
- dressing and pour over broccoli; toss to coat. Yield: 24 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 101 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.