Lemon Broccoli with Garlic
“This easy recipe is a great way to use up leftover broccoli. That’s what Mom did, and I tend to do the same thing.”
—Elsie Laurenzo Palmer, Saratoga Springs, NY
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or
- until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Immediately place broccoli in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Place in
- a large bowl. Pour oil mixture over broccoli; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 207 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.