Lemon Basil Salmon
It was her husband, Steve, who came up with this easy, foil-packet recipe for flaky, fork-tender Lemon Basil Salmon, says Marianne Bauman in Modesto, California. “We eat a lot of salmon and Steve likes trying out different herbs and spices on our food. This recipe's a winner!”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Place each fillet, skin side
- down, on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). In a
- small bowl, combine the butter, basil and lemon juice. Spoon 2
- teaspoons over each fillet; seal foil tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to
- escape. Spoon remaining butter mixture over salmon.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 288 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.