Lemon Basil Cookies
Prepared with a boxed cake mix, these light lemony cookies come from Pam Frankenfield of Halethorpe, Maryland. With flecks of basil, the yummy golden treats with flaked coconut and chopped pecans will be a hit at any summer gathering.
42 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in
- egg yolk and lemon juice. Gradually add cake mix and mix well. Stir
- in the coconut, pecans, basil and lemon peel.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at
- 350° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes
- before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 87 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.