- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg
- yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle
- boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently
- stir in the lemon juice, butter and lemon peel.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
- Cover surface with waxed paper; refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until
- smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Crumble the baked pecan mixture;
- set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- Just before serving, in a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer 1 cup each pecan
- mixture, lemon mixture and cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers
- twice. Sprinkle with reserved pecan mixture. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 885 calories, 47 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 110 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.