Lemon Angel Hair
I serve this time-saving treatment for angel hair pasta gets loads of flavor from lemon and Parmesan cheese. A hint of garlic and flecks of fresh parsley add interest, too. This simple side dish is so versatile, it also could accompany chicken, fish, seafood or pork.Meg Mongell, Plainfield, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute the parsley, lemon peel and garlic in oil until
- garlic is tender.
- Drain pasta; add to the skillet. Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and
- pepper; toss to coat. Top with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 427 calories, 23 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 426 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.