Lemon Almond Asparagus
Linda Barry has a time-easing way to dress up fresh asparagus. The Yakima, Washington reader drizzles butter and lemon juice over the spears before topping them with almonds and lemon peel.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Lemon peel strips, optional
- In a large skillet, bring asparagus and 1/2 in. of water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter; stir in lemon juice. Drain asparagus; top
- with butter mixture, almonds and, if desired, lemon peel. Yield:
- 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 72 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.