Lemon 'n' Lime Strawberry Ice
Marie Rizzo of Interlochen, Michigan sends her icy fruit dessert that's perfect for summer. “It's so refreshing after dinner,” she writes.
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon shredded orange peel
- 2 teaspoons shredded lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shredded lime peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until
- slightly thickened. Strain; discard peels. Add juices to the syrup;
- cool slightly.
- Place half of the juice mixture and strawberries in a blender; cover
- and pulse until nearly smooth. Transfer to a 2-qt. freezer
- container. Repeat with remaining juice mixture and berries.
- Cover and freeze for 12 hours or overnight, stirring several times.
- Ice may be frozen for up to 3 months. Just before serving, break
- apart with a large spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 173 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium,