Leek and Turkey Pizza
My family enjoys this hearty pizza. I like to make it in the summer when I have leftover grilled sausage. I just dice the grilled sausage and add it to the pizza. Megan Taylor
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the leeks in oil over medium heat
- for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Remove and set aside. Crumble sausage into the same skillet. Cook
- over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Place the crust on an ungreased baking sheet or 12-in. pizza pan.
- Spread with pizza sauce; top with leeks, sausage, onion and cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until cheese just begins to
- brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 273 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 590 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or