Layered Toffee Cake
This is a quick and yummy way to dress up a purchased angel food cake. To keep the plate clean while assembling this pretty layered dessert, cut two half circles of waxed paper to place under the bottom layer and remove them after frosting the cake and sprinkling on the toffee.
12-14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup caramel or butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 9 Heath candy bar (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- In a bowl, beat cream just until it begins to thicken. Gradually add
- the ice cream topping and vanilla, beating until soft peaks form.
- Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place the bottom layer on a
- serving plate; spread with 1 cup cream mixture and sprinkle with 1/2
- cup candy bar. Repeat. Place top layer on cake; frost top and sides
- with remaining cream mixture and sprinkle with the remaining candy
- bar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-14 servings.