Layered Peppermint Icebox Cake
Our home economists take four ingredients and turn them into an impressive, no-bake cake. Do-ahead desserts don't get any better!
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) chocolate wafers
- Edible flowers of your choice, chocolate curls and crushed candy canes, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream, sugar and extract on high until
- stiff peaks form. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or
- plastic bag. Fill with whipped cream.
- On a serving plate, arrange seven cookies in a circle, using one
- cookie in the center. Pipe 2/3 cup whipped cream over cookies.
- Repeat layers nine times. Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with flowers, chocolate curls and crushed candy if desired.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 605 calories, 42 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.