Layered Ham and Spinach Salad
Here's a delicious salad that's sure to be a favorite with your family and friends. It's very easy to make.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 16 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Place two-thirds of the spinach in a 4-qt. salad bowl. Sprinkle with
- half of the sugar, pepper and salt. Top with eggs, ham and remaining
- spinach. Sprinkle with remaining sugar, pepper and salt. Arrange
- onion slices on top.
- In a large bowl, combine the dressing mix, mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Spread over onions. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Refrigerate
- until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 516 calories, 45 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 192 mg cholesterol, 997 mg sodium,