- In a large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and evaporated milk until smooth; stir
- into broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Stir in vegetables and turkey; heat through.
- Transfer to an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish.
- For crust, combine the flours, baking powder and salt in a small
- bowl. Stir in 3 tablespoons milk and oil just until combined. Roll
- out and cut into strips; make a lattice crust over filling. Trim and
- seal edges. Brush lattice top with remaining milk; sprinkle with
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is
- bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 272 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 661 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.